Friday, January 7, 2011

Work of Art

When I teach Anna, Leo often hangs out with us in the homeschool room. He'll color, play with his dinosaurs, or listen to Anna read. Today, Leo wanted to draw pictures in his notebook. I was speechless when I saw his pictures.


Leo explained that this picture shows "Jesus Christ being crucified on the cross. And see Mommy, there's the other crosses for the two other men". Then he showed me his second picture...


This picture, Leo said, was Jesus rising from his tomb. He also wanted to point out the smoke around Jesus.

I couldn't believe that all we have been sharing with Anna and Leo in the last month about Jesus' birth and death actually registered in his four-year-old head! Our home church, NorthRidge, has been amazingly supportive to us. We have been receiving monthly packages with DVD recordings of all the church services we have missed. NorthRidge Church has an awesome Christmas service - complete with songs, beautiful sets, and most importantly, an inspiring message. We were so excited to see "The Glory of Christmas" with the kids. Anna and Leo loved it so much that they watched it twice! And based on Leo's drawings, he got the message. Thanks NorthRidge family for inspiring us to "Change Our Game" and do what we are doing today!

7 comments:

  1. I am so glad I found your blog. Your family has been on my mind and I finally looked up your blog. Very fun, interesting and inspiring to see what God can do with a family that is willing to serve Him. Love- Amanda, Matt, Brady, Bryce & Riley

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to hear from you! Thanks for looking up our blog. We feel so blessed to be having this experience and for having such supportive family, friends, and patients. Hugs to your boys! Toanh Popp

    ReplyDelete
  3. We moved to Plymouth a few month ago and are just getting used to our new digs and the area. Brady is doing Young 5's at Ward. We go to Oak Pointe Church. I will keep your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi--I also just found your blog with some help from a friend (Kelley Kozloff, who delivered healthy baby girl twins late in November!) It's so cool to see what you have been up to, and to see pictures of your kids! What an awesome adventure for all the right reasons! We will continue to keep you and all the people whose lives you touch in our prayers. May God continue to guide and bless you all! Take care, and hope to see you when you return!
    Jen Weiszhaar :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen- great to hear from you and I'm excited that you found our blog! Please tell Kelley congrats for me--I am so happy her girls are doing well. Give your three hugs for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! It's amazing how much they absorb in their little brains. Daniel & Leo are the same age!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dr. Popp and Family,

    So glad to find your blog finally. Have been thinking of you a lot. So glad to hear you guys are doing so well. Dr. Popp you will be so surprised to hear that we had a baby girl in October. Thought this one was a boy for sure but boy oh boy was mommy wrong. I keep you in my prayers daily. What great work you are doing. Take care of your beautiful family. Hope to see you again soon. All our love, Steve, Jessica, Makenna, Griffin and Maryn Brodersen.

    ReplyDelete