Wednesday, February 2, 2011

African Snow

It is being called the "monster storm" and the "storm of the century." At least that is what I have seen written online with regard to the winter storm dumping on the Midwest. I can honestly say that I do not miss Michigan winters.

Much to my surprise, Anna's science lesson today was on weather - snow actually. So we learned about blizzards, avalanches and how snow is formed. I then remembered that our friends, the Rolfsens, had given us a "Make Your Own Snowman" kit prior to our departure. Time for a science experiment.

Come to find out, all you need is a packet of "Snowman Powder" (not sure how we got this through customs), 4 ounces of water and presto - snow!

The kids enjoyed making snowmen, and I enjoyed that it was 80 degrees outside. Happy Winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment