Friday, August 27, 2010

That's my son

On Wednesday, Leo and I (Bryan) attended our New Life/Baptism service at church. We were introduced to the congregation by our pastor and were able to come up on stage and share about our upcoming trip. (Unfortunately Toanh and Anna were in California). It was great because Pastor Brad's teaching that night was about service. But the true highlight of the evening was Leo.

For some background, in my younger years, I had an affinity to the song Love Shack (especially if a karaoke machine was involved). Well much to my delight, Toanh's brother has recently purchased a karaoke machine and I had just sung a version of the song last week with my kids.

Flash forward to Northridge church - center stage with my son, pastor Brad, and the eyes of the congregation watching. Leo was very enthralled with the microphone I was holding and was in hot pursuit to get his hands on it. As we bowed our heads to pray for our trip, Leo says to me "Daddy, I really need to have that microphone so I can sing Love Shack!" That's my son.

3 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Anytime Leo needs some backup singers, you know there are three or four of us here in southern Indiana who would be happy to oblige!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bryan-
    Long time no see!
    Lori sent me this link to keep up with your travels. Greg told me to read this post first. Love Shack is my ultimate song. I yell..I mean sing it as loud as possible no matter where I am. People at work have started to talk about it, mentioning counseling.... I wish you and your family safe travels. Greg and I will take a trip to Kenya via the web.
    Take Care,
    Tracy and Greg Popp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a smart, smart boy! 13 years later, one of my very favorite memories at my wedding was you singing and me and the bridesmaids as back up.

    ReplyDelete